Sunday, August 14, 2011

Deupholstering...

 First I must apologize. I violated the first rule of blogging...consistency. I've been on vacation for the past week and as many of you reminded me...I was not blogging. Colorado was a-mazing. So beautiful, so cold...I almost forgot the misery of Texas heat. I was actually inspired to wake up this morning and go for a walk. 30 seconds in, I realized I wasn't in Colorado anymore and fifteen minutes later I called it quits. Yesterday, I decided to tackle a project that has long since intimated the crap out of me...reupholstering. Now most people would start with something simple...like a chair cushion, or for the really brave maybe even a chair itself. What did I start with??? our sofa. I made the mistake of reading an article on-line that made this sound like an afternoon project you could do with a glass of wine in your hand. Let me just say. It's not. So I've entitled this blog entry deupholstering. Because that is as far as I have made it. 48 hours and about 20 million staples removed later, all of the fabric is off my couch (see photo below). Did I mention my right hand is throbbing and shaped like a claw? For anyone who ever thought reupholstery was over priced....I promise, those people work for every penny of it. However, worth it or not we do not have said pennies, therefore I am tackling this on my own. I got a little packing crazy before we left for va-ca and I have nothing to do until Friday when we close on our house. That being said, I'm sure I can whip this couch together by then. Stay tuned, and next time you see me look out for the claw.....

No comments:

Post a Comment