Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blue bathroom...

okay so the blue bathroom is going to be a total rehaul. Everything is going. The only thing staying is the built in cabinets which will get new hardware and a coat of paint. I strongly believe bathrooms should be neutral. They should be clean, relaxing and simple, and in this case...budget friendly. :) Below are some pics of the bathroom as is and some of my ideas for the reno. Whether it will go according to plan remains to be seen, but I hope you enjoy the process along with me. and by you I mean the two people that actually read my blog. :) Thank you!!

So this is the current state of the bathroom. For the people out there who think that color-themed bathrooms are the grooviest thing in the world, I applaud you. I think they are groovy too...in other people's houses. ;) So here are some sketches I drew of the new layout. The header above the tub is coming out, but other than that it's much the same.


now for the fun part. Inspiration pictures. :)




I'm torn between this tile floor and something a little more metallic, dark and modern. I think this might help preserve the "charm" of the original bathroom. Pros and cons either way. The white subway tile in this pic will be the main component of the tub/shower with new fixtures and a drop in bathtub. I love this sink console, but finding one in my pricerange has been a little tricky. We might have to get creative on that one. :) I found this great light fixture at schoolhouse electric. It comes in a darker shade that I think will be perfect around the mirror here. I won't bore you with all the details, these are just a few of my favs. Have I mentioned I'm a little obsessed with black and white? I think in this case less is more. The bathroom itself is small enough that clean lines and a simple color palette are going to go a long way. I can't wait to get in there and start the demo. Say a prayer and if you know anyone who wants a blue toilet...I can hook them up fo sho.

1 comment:

  1. Love your redesign. I'm about to move into an apartment with a blue bathroom just like that and it's literally the only thing I dislike about the place. Unfortunately my redesign so far is restricted to curtains and rugs.

    ReplyDelete